Recently I noticed that the pom.xml view in NetBeans not only shows you conflicting dependencies but it also provide fixes within this view.
Click on the light bulb (you know it from the quickfixes/hints in the Java Editor) and a conflict resolving dialog will open. Nice to know
FYI: Recently I released the new version 1.2.0 of the “Additional Java Hints” plugin. There are some new hints/small quickfixes, which may be useful (or not) for Java developers.
- [New Hint]: Change the modifier of a class/method/field to public/package protected/protected/private (by rasa-silva)
- [New Hint]: Remove public/abstract/final modifiers from field declarations within interfaces
- [New Hint]: Convert from char and string and back
- [New Hint]: Convert number in literal to number and back
- [New Hint]: Convert to StringUtils.isBlank()/StringUtils.isNotBlank()/StringUtils.isEmpty()
- [New Hint]: Convert from if/else to ternary and back
- [New Hint]: Invert ternary if/else
- [New Hint]: Report methods that have class name
- [Updated Hint]: “Convert to assertTrue/assertFalse” now supports junit.framework.Assert too
- [Updated Hint]: “Replace +…” hints can now be configured
The plugin is verified for NB 8.0 and NB 7.4 and already available from the plugin dialog within your NetBeans IDE. Or you can download it from http://plugins.netbeans.org/plugin/47589/additional-hints
As always please file issues and enhancements at https://github.com/markiewb/nb-additional-hints/issues . Pull request are also appreciated.
Update: There is also a report of this training at http://blog.nigjo.de/netbeans/2014/04/netbeans-training-2014-in-leipzig/ (in German)
Today I saw that a new version 1.7 of the “Cool Editor Actions” plugin has been uploaded by anchialos to the plugin portal . It introduces switching of project groups and toolbar configurations right from the toolbar, which is very nice.
BTW: A similar much older plugin named “Project Group Toolbar” from Aljoscha Rittner already exists, but unfortunately it does not work in a stable way anymore – regarding to multiple comments at the plugin portal .
Retro alarm! You can still download all the NetBeans IDE versions since 3.5.1. I installed them all in a VM, ran them and captured some images for you. BTW NetBeans 3.5.1 runs on JDK7 – or at least it started.
The previous released can be downloaded at http://www.netbeans.info/downloads/dev.php.
There are 2 open seats for the NetBeans platform training in April 2014 in Leipzig/Germany. As you already know – Toni Epple and Geertjan Wielenga will the trainers . Two of the best NetBeans Platform trainers currently available in one package.
Get the details at http://netbeans.dzone.com/announcements/nbp-training-leipzig-0414 and register. It is a commercial training, but it is free for students and university staff.
See you in Leipzig, Best regards
I am very proud to present you a NetBeans platform training in April 2014 in Leipzig/Germany.
Your trainers will be Geertjan Wielenga and Toni Epple.
It is a commercial training, but it is free for students.
For more details see http://netbeans.dzone.com/announcements/nbp-training-leipzig-0414